Wednesday, January 28, 2015

BHG Quilts & More - Sew Easy Sampler

I'm thrilled to announce my Sew Easy Sampler Quilt is showcased on the BHG Quilts & More magazine for the entire 2015 year. Yay!
 
 
Quilts & More has 4 issues: Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. Each issue will have instructions for one of the four blocks.
 
 
The first block will appear in the Spring 2015 issue, on newsstands on February 3, 2015.
 
 
This quilt came to me while I was drinking coffee on my porch with my husband, while we watched our daughter play in the front yard. It was spring of last year, the day was beautiful and we had to enjoy the weather. As we relaxed in conversation and enjoyment of our daughter playing, I noticed my colored pencils laying randomly on the table. A number of pencils caught my attention. I was intrigued by the colors. I thought, o so beautiful and different. I quickly ran back inside, picked up my tools and whipped up some blocks and colored them on our porch. Back then, it was all manual: colored pencils and graph paper. Meanwhile, my daughter wanted in the fun and she picked up her coloring books and crayons to color with me.
 
When I think of this quilt, I remember the quiet times with my family. The day was so simple and the pure pleasure of one's company on a beautiful spring day.
 
Thank you to my sponsor:
     All fabric by Michael Miller's Cotton Couture Solids
     Dream Cotton Batting by Quilter's Dream Batting
     Aurifil Thread
 
A special thank you to Jody and Elizabeth who gave me a chance.

All images are used with permission from Quilts and More magazine. 2015 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.

Living the dream,
Sandra
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...