Sunday, February 8, 2015

Briar Rose Quilt Sampler

Hello.
This past week was a bit unusual as I had lasik surgery on my eyes. The hardest part of recovering from lasik wasn't so much the eyes, but so much more about recovery. Doctor sent me home with what not to do: no running/exercise, no monitors (aka say no to computers and emails), and no sewing. Say what? I did manage and pretty much listened for 3 days.

It was difficult to not sew, not run, and not go through emails. By the next morning, I was twitching of boredom. I'm a busy body. I cannot stay still. I'm always on the move to something else. I'm the kind of person that when it is time for bed, I lay my head down and I'm out in seconds. Instead of sewing, running, and emails, I organized and purged junk from the house.

I love to play outdoors, especially with my family. I live in Denver, and well, the entire weekend was 60's to 70's. I obeyed doctor's orders for 2 days, but by the third day, my husband and 3 years old where out playing tennis. I did wear my fancy new sunglasses, so that makes it okay. :)

Before surgery, I did manage to get a quilt done. In fact, I finished the binding just 10 minutes before my husband took me to surgery. It had been pieced together for sometime, but I spent last week quilting it. It turned out wonderfully.

Here, I mostly used Heather Ross's Briar Rose fabric, thus the name, Briar Rose Quilt Sampler. The white background and sashing came right out of my stash. The quilt finishes at 80" square. I used Warm & White batting by the Warm Company and Aurifil thread.

I am putting together a pattern for this. It is drafted and going through final review. It should be published by the end of this month. The pattern is written fat quarter friendly, other than the sashing. I hope you'll give it a try.

 
Still in recovery,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...