Monday, February 15, 2016

Tutorial Make Straps


Hello. Today, let's discuss how to make straps for zipper pouches. You can make your strap as wide as you'd like. Keep in mind in these direction, we are making our straps 1/2" wide. To begin:

Cut 1 straps 2" x 14 1/2" (or refer back instructions).

Choose to iron on fusible interfacing on the wrong side of the handle. I did for my Zipper Pouch Square-in-a-Square. However it was so stiff, I had to place the ends next to each other, instead of on top of each other. For my other pouches, I left the interfacing off and I like the soften feel of it.

Fold the strip of fabric in half lengthwise with wrong sides together and press along the fold to make a crease. Each half is 1”.



Open up the strip. Press each end into the fold, wrong sides together, to the center crease made in the previous step. It should fold 1/2”.




Refold the strip with the ends tucked in. The strap’s width is 1/2”.


Edge stitch along the length of both sides.




Now that you have all the ingredients to make your a strap, it’s your turn to make it blossom.

Enjoy!
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...