Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Block of the Week 1


Hello All,

Please join me in a new adventure. I'm excited about it and it's a way to give back and hopefully attract some social media attention. It's called the Block of the Week.

Every Wednesday, I'll post the block of the week. I'll provide the cutting instructions and the block breakdown. Every block will finish 12" x 12".

Thank Cheryl, aka muppin, for this adventure. I took her social media class at quilt market a few weeks ago and well, she got me thinking...

This is week 1 and here is what you can expect; 3 diagrams. You'll receive a block diagram with letter references to tie to the cutting instructions. The cutting instructions is a diagram that ties back to the references on the block diagram. It provides the number of pieces to cut and the size for a 12" block. The third diagram is the block assembly diagram.

Let's see where this takes us. Although I have selected 100 blocks, I'm committed to 25. At 25 blocks, I'll evaluate the progress. It would be so cool to see you share and talk about this. The more interest, the more motivation I'll have to post more blocks.

There's no pressure to make the blocks. This is all about the joy of quilting, viewing blocks, and getting inspired to come up with a creation unique to you. If you take inspiration from the Block of the Week, please share with us. You can email me and I can post socially, or post to my facebook page.

Here's Block 1:



3 comments:

  1. I need some projects to use up my scraps and this one will work perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candance. Awesome. Would love to have you participate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can find some examples in creately diagramming and collaboration software community. There are many diagram templates and example to be used freely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...