Wednesday, July 1, 2015

McCall's Quick Quilts - Aug/Sept 2015



Friends,

I'm excited to announce my next magazine publication for McCall's Quick Quilts. The quilt is in the August/September 2015 issue and is called Lots of Boxes and was inspired by a wall of windows of a high rise building.

I'm always trying to find inspiration on how to showcase large scale prints. Although we are quilters and we enjoy cutting fabric to simply build them up again into a beautiful quilt, sometimes, we don't. There's large scale print that deserves to be left alone. My part time job is located in downtown Denver and I frequent the light rail to and from work. I use many of the buildings as inspiration for my work, whether it is the outside exterior, the main floor lobby, the cubicle layout of my floors, whatever it may be, I let my mind wonder to find beauty in shapes that can be translated to a quilt. This quilt is an example of that. I hope you'll enjoy it.

 

You can find McCall's introducing the issue on their facebook page here.

My quilt pattern is featured on McCall's website here. Check it out.

 

For those who have a subscription, the issue began shipping on June 16, 2015. For those who don't have a subscription, the issue hits newsstands by June 30, 2015. You can also pick up a digital issue at the QuiltandSewShop.com at the following link: http://www.quiltandsewshop.com/category/quick-quilts 

 

I used Cotton & Steel fabric, Aurifil thread, and Warm & White batting. Thank you to my three sponsors for allowing me to make this quilt on budget.

Also, a lovely thank you to two ladies that I frequently work with at McCall's, Susan and Deb. I enjoy the process and am looking forward to the next year of quilts!

Enjoy and Happy 4th of July,
Sandra


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...