Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Block of the Week 6


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

I just love this time of year. Last year at this time, my home was filled with quilts and deadlines. My publisher had a deadline to have my manuscript and all my quilts for the book finished by the end of the year. My family carved out all the holiday parties and activities to help me finish my manuscript and quilts. While I continued to stitch my way to completion, even on Christmas Eve and Day, my husband made our meals and made sure we were ready for eve church service and kept me informed of the college football scores. I even had to give up my running and fitness to make my book a reality. While many families were gaining the holiday weight on yummy holiday foods, I was filling up cups of coffee and food items that didn't take more than 5 minutes to make. Welcome back to my college favorite: shin ramen.

This year, we are enjoying the season. One activity that is worth mentioning... This past Sunday, my daughter and I attended Frozen on Ice. This was her first experience of figure skating and she loved it. She was in awe of the performers and of course her favorite Elsa. All eyes were on Elsa. Although I was skeptical of going (is there such a thing as too much Disney princess?), her happiness made the time and money all worth it. We went with her best friend, a friend she has had since they were 3 months old. I'm guessing this will be a memory she'll remember.

Here's to gaining the holiday weight.
Sandra












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...