Welcome to the 8th week of the Summer Sampler Quilt Along. This week the block is called Lemoyne Star. It finishes at 16" x 16".
Refer to the Summer Day & Night Quilt Sampler in the menu above for a summary of our progress.
Here we go. The block: Lemoyne Star.
Cut Block 8
Light Gray – Cut 3
squares 5 1/2” x 5 1/2”, then cut diagonally once to make 6 half square
Navy – Use Template C to cut 4 diamonds.
Aqua – Use Template C to cut 4 diamonds.(Print the template on paper, but make sure in your printer setup the print does not adjust the size. Cut the shape out with 'paper' scissors along the dotted line. Then, lay the template on top of the fabric, and use your acrylic ruler to cut the shape out. Place the 1/4" line on your ruler to the solid line on the template, this will give you an accurate cut, then if you were to line the ruler edge to the dotted line. Don't lift your ruler until all sides are cut, simply rotate the ruler.)
Assemble Block 8
1. Stitch together the aqua and navy diamonds together. Make 4 and do not press yet.
2. Make an inset seam with a light gray triangle (A) to the unit made in Step 1. Make 2. Press seams as desired.
3. Make an inset seam with a dark gray triangle (B) to the unit made in Step 1. Make 2. Press seams as desired.
4. Referring to the diagram below, stitch together 2 light gray triangles (A) to the units made in Step 2. Make 2.
5. Referring to the diagram below, stitch together 2 dark gray triangles (D) to the units made in Step 3. Make 2.
6. Stitch together the block with the units made in Step 4 and 5. Check out How to Pinwheel your Seams.
Here's mine in RJR's Cotton Supreme Solids and some assembly tips.
I did choose to pinwheel the seams for each unit made for Step 2 and 3.
This is how it Step 2 looks from the front.
And Step 3.
Here's Step 4.
And Step 5.
Here's the block from the back. Notice the seams.
Tada. The block. One more block to go!
ConclusionI hope you enjoyed the block. I'd love to see what you've come up with. Share with me through Instagram/Facebook/Pinterest.
Click here for your chance to win a fat quarter bundle by RJR's Cotton Supreme Solids and the winner of week 7.